Thursday, 5 June 2008

Radio Advert

For this project, we had to come up with a comical script for an advert on a random subject that we picked from a hat. I picked ‘golf course’. I didn’t know how the hell I was going to do it, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of an advert for a golf course before.
I tried to make it sound like one of the nationwide adverts, it didn’t really work.
My first draft turned out to be a bit to complicated, it took me another two drafts to get a finished script however I was the last one in the class to finish. This wasn’t because I particularly slow, but because I was so good at acting, everyone wanted me in their piece. After completing our scripts we had to go into the TV studio to read our scripts out to a camera so we could use it in our portfolio.
I didn’t enjoy this script writing exercise, and a lot of the other adverts turned out better than mine, which made me feel great! I did however enjoy taking part in other people’s pieces, I think I’m a natural at acting and making a tit out of myself.

My Finished script:

Int. A man is at the reception desk of a golf course talking to one of the employees.

Employee: Hello sir, welcome to Cranleigh golf and leisure club, how are you today?

Golfer: yeah fine, I was wondering if I could play golf today, if that’s alright

Employee: yeah that’s fine sir. Just have to get a few details off you if that’s ok

Golfer: yeah sure

Employee: Ok…. Do you know anybody currently at the club?

Golfer: No

Employee: Ok…. Have you ever played on a professional course such as this one?

Golfer: No

Employee: Right…. Are you married?

Golfer: Yes

Employee: Ok…. Right, let me just add this up a second… right so you’ve got the
Opportunity to meet new and influential people… the new experience of
Playing on a professional course… and one day of relief from the wife…
Right, ok, well here’s your receipt

Golfer: HOW MUCH?!!


V.O: Don’t let your hobby lump you with a hefty bill. Come play at East Devon golf club, where none of your experiences will end with a bogie.





Visit the website of the golf course that inspired the advert at: http://www.edgc.co.uk

1 comment:

Kim Brooke said...

Yes I agree you are good in front of the camera. You could have put in links to sites that have radio, comedy, drama, ads etc.You could also have mentioned and put in links to Janet Marks the Facilitator of the workshop.