
I always prefer being in control of a production, so seeing as i was the only person working on this project, i was in my element. Abby arranged for the first set of interviews to take place on the knightstone campus. This was the reason for our first problem that occured. The technicians done a great job with supplying me with a tripod with a dodgy leg and some lapel mics with no mics on them. This meant that we had to record the audio using a hand held mic. Although it records sounds to a good quality, Abby wasn't used to using the hand held mics and didn’t keep a firm enough grip whilst using it. it wasn't too bad, it just resulted in minor disturbances to the sound.
Most students we worked with gave good answers.
We did have to hint at what they should be saying. A lot of them didn’t have much good to say about the college at weston which obviously wouldn’t have gone down well in a video that’s designed to promote it. Most of them were very cooperative and consistent with their answers, though some interviews I had to cut out all together. There were some students that were giving very childish, one-liner answers, which aren't too interesting to listen too.With each interview, I tried to get as much cutaway footage
of the subject they were talking about as possible. This would make it easier for me in the edit to cut from answer to answer without the viewer noticing. for the most of it, this wasn't a problem. However, Abby didn't manage to arrange any filming of the drama students at work, which resulted in me having to use random cutaways of the college and tacky transitions. And breaking up the interview was tricky, being drama students, they weren’t short of stuff to say, and gave really long answers. My final edit turned out to be ok. I think it’s an improvement on the promotional video the college has been using in the past. In the end, im not really happy that I spent so much time on it, its not particularly a piece of work im that proud of. I just wanted to get it done, and time ran out which I think effected the final product. I dont really feel any kind of achievement at the end of this project. Not much thought or creativity went into it. It wasn't much of a challange, Abby arranged every interview but the music students. It wasn't a good or a bad project to work on...just very very bland.
1 comment:
3 x photos, 1 x video, 3 x links, good description.
Post a Comment